We are getting very excited for our upcoming event, Masque Of Red Death, and we have some new updates to announce for our costume contest and silent auction. This upcoming event is our annual Membership Appreciation Party and a celebration of our 5th birthday. The free horror masquerade is open to B.O.T. members and all horror fans and will take place in Austin on June, 16th at The Madison.
The Madison. Our gore-geous venue for the night.
We feel the venue is straight out of a 70’s Italian giallo movie and that you fiends will feel right at home dancing your demon feet away, showing off your evil outfits in the costume contest, bidding on several great items in our silent auction and getting your pictures taken to remember this evil night. For more details, please see OUR EVENTS page.
UPDATE #1: We announced the three categories you can enter in our Costume Contest. The contest is sponsored by Lucy In Disguise With Diamonds (Austin) and all winners will receive a $25 gift certificate and the accolades of the Hell of the Ball. We know most of you have great imaginations so we’re looking forward to your devilish outfits: sexy, gothic, bloody, horrific, outlandish or even simple. Everything is welcome. And in case you need some outfits, masks, makeup, wigs, blood, etc., all attendees get 10% off products and one day rentals at Lucy’s. Let ’em know you’re coming to the Masque of Red Death to get your discount.
• IN MOURNING category: Best gothic, victorian and traditional masquerade costume.
• OUT OF NIGHTMARES category: Best horror, grotesque, bloody and scary costume.
• DREADFUL DUO category: Best couple or friend costumes that go well together. This category is for two people and both winners will win a prize. This category can be anything: gothic, horror, funny, creative, etc. Just make sure you match — i.e. look like you go together.
The categories and a few ideas for some fun and fiendish costumes:
UPDATE #2: Our Silent Auction items are coming in and here’s an up-to-date list of all of the items. We expect a few more to make it here before the ball so keep an eye on our FB Invite page and the aforementioned Our Events page.
• TWO TICKETS TO SEE JOHN CARPENTER LIVE RETROSPECTIVE (MEZZANINE): Two tickets to see the legendary composer, director and writer, John Carpenter at ACL-Moody Theater on June 23rd. “John Carpenter: Live Retrospective” is a musical journey through his work and he will be performing themes from his classic films and new compositions. These great seats are situated on the center mezzanine, Row A. This is a must-see event for any fan of horror, but especially you fans of horror soundtracks Value: $130.00.
• TWO TICKETS TO SEE JOHN CARPENTER LIVE RETROSPECTIVE (KICK ASS 3rd ROW): Two tickets to see John Carpenter at ACL-Moody Theater June 23rd as discussed above, but this item is for two “rockstar-style” tickets — 3rd row. These great seats are situated on the floor, Row C (that’s 3rd row from the stage). Value: $300.00 apprx.
• GABRIELLE FAUST’S REVENGE: DEMONS AND DEVILS PACKAGE: The package from Texas horror writer, Gabrielle Faust, includes her novel. Revenge, a “What’s your sin?” T-shirt, beer stein, coffee mug and bag. Value: $89.
• JON ZIG ART: Airbrush art on canvas by artist Jon Zig. The canvas is 14” x 18″ and is presented in a frame with glass (frame size is 16” x 20”). Jon calls it “Fun With An Airbrush” but we think that’s code for “Demogorgon Feasts With Tentacled Eyes”. Or something like that. Value: $300.00
• MURPHO’S BONEYARD BOUTIQUE GIFT CERTIFICATE: Gift certificate to Murpho’s Boneyard Boutique (inside Murpho’s Rods and Customs) in Austin, plus some cool stickers. Get your hands on some horror inspired rockabilly items. Value: $35.00
• NATHAN THOMAS MILLINER POSTER: “Hellraiser” poster print from artist Nathan Thomas Milliner. Milliner is an artist for Scream Factory and HorrorHound Magazine just to name a few. The poster is 11”x14”, presented in a frame and is signed by the artist. Value is suggested at $15 but we think it’s worth WAY more so get your bidding fingers ready.
• COLLEEN HANSON ART: Mixed media painting from artist Colleen Hanson. This outsider art/one of a kind painting is titled “Broken From Day One #fuckcancer” and is 2ft w x 3ft h. Value: $100.00
If you are interested in donating anything in honor of horror, please send us an email at info@bloodovertexas.
See ya soon masqueraders!